Car Accidents Cause More Than Just Pain And Suffering
A truck or car accident affects not only you but also your entire family. Beyond broken bones and painful surgeries, vehicular accidents can leave you and your family struggling with lingering emotional trauma, lost wages and financial stress. You worry about how you will make ends meet while trying to focus on recovering from the severe physical damage.
At Kujawski & Associates LLC, our caring attorneys are here to help you and ease the burdens of the long journey ahead.
Steps To Take After A Car Wreck
It is easy to feel overwhelmed by confusion and shock after a car accident, even when injuries are minor. Knowing what to do can help you control the damage and put you in a position to get the best possible outcome. If you have serious injuries, seek immediate medical assistance. Nothing is more important than your health.
If you do not need emergency treatment, take the following steps:
- Check on all passengers.
- File a police report.
- Exchange contact and insurance information.
- Talk to witnesses at the scene.
- Take pictures of vehicular damage.
- Keep track of all medical treatment.
You should also notify your insurance company of the accident and obtain a property damage valuation. Be wary, however, of any early settlement offers. Never settle a claim until you know you will receive full compensation for all injuries.
Work With Skilled And Trusted Attorneys
Our firm will stand by your side and advocate for your needs every step of the way while keeping you informed of your case. Our deep litigation experience means we are not intimidated by callous insurers. We will pursue the highest possible settlement for you and your family.
Our tenacity in the courtroom and dedication to ethical practice has been recognized by our peers, and our lawyers are AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell.
Committed And Compassionate Counsel
No matter how you have been hurt in O’Fallon, Illinois, or the eastern St. Louis metropolitan area, we are in your corner and ready to help. Reach us by phone at 618-622-3600 or toll free at 800-624-4571. You may also contact us online to arrange a free consultation.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.