Protecting The Rights Of Burn Injury Victims
Injuries caused by burns are extremely serious. If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, the path of treatment may be long and involve complicated surgeries. Additionally, you may be left worrying about what your insurance will cover, how you will pay your bills and if you will be able to work.
This is where having experienced and knowledgeable lawyers on your side can make the difference. The attorneys at Kujawski & Associates LLC, are dedicated to helping you get the compensation you are legally entitled to, so that the only thing you need to focus on is healing from your wounds.
Causes Of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries may occur when any part of your body is exposed to fire, heat, electricity or chemicals. Common causes of burns include:
- Car crashes
- House fires
- Products that are defective
- Exposure to radiation
- Contact with chemical substances
Burn injuries can also happen if you inhale excessive amounts of smoke. Complications from burns can be severe, and the repercussions of such injuries are often long lasting.
Understanding Burn Classifications
Burns are typically split into three separate categories:
- First-degree burns are superficial and affect the outer layer of your skin.
- Second-degree burns go deeper than the first layer of skin, and therefore are considered more serious. You may experience blistering and extreme soreness with a second-degree burn.
- A third-degree burn is the most serious of all, as it extends through all the layers of your skin. Despite the fact that damage to your nerves may dull some of the interior pain associated with a third-degree burn, the outer layers of skin can become extremely painful, making it difficult to cope with.
Every burn injury is different and even minor burns can cause residual damage. Our team of attorneys gives your case the personal attention it deserves. We have successfully represented many personal injury victims and obtained multimillion-dollar settlements on their behalf.
Helping Injury Victims Move Forward
Our office is located in O’Fallon, and we represent families throughout Illinois, Missouri and Tennessee. Schedule a free initial consultation by calling us at 800-624-4571 or by sending us a message.